If you need to make an important decision, confirm a hypothesis or the results of qualitative research with numbers, and test the quality of the finished product on a large number of people, an online survey maker is for you.
Benefits of online surveys
Online research, especially during a pandemic, is the best way to reach a mass audience and get quick results. Knowing how to create a survey will be your great advantage. Benefits of online surveys:
- Large selection. Online it will be much easier to find a target audience that matches your parameters. You can choose any number of participants from any country in the world.
- Speed. Online surveys require much less time and effort than face-to-face interviews.
- Simple analytics system. Most tools will do the math for you with a minimum of manual labor. It is much easier to draw conclusions and make decisions based on the data collected online.
- Convenient for users. You can take the survey at any time, in a relaxed atmosphere.
Disadvantages of online surveys
However, online surveys present challenges, such as:
- There is little chance of getting answers to in-depth questions. A rare user will spend time on detailed comments.
- You have very little time and therefore few questions. More than five minutes in your survey users will not survive.
- It is difficult to motivate a person to respond meaningfully when there is no personal presence.
- You can’t track reactions directly and ask clarifying questions.
You can conduct surveys at different stages of working with the product. During the development process, you can test your ideas, consider risks before launch, and avoid mistakes. If your survey has a clear purpose, a logical system of questions and answers, and a bit of humanity in the form of a short time to complete, the results will not be long in coming.